Monday, June 18, 2012

Jasmin's Post


Summer Vacation
 By: JasminW.
  
About one more week until summer vacation! Are you excited? I am. My cousins are coming from Shanghai, China on June 29th to visit us. I didn’t see them in a long time. After that, we will go on a 7-day cruise to Mexico . The boat’s name is Carnival Splendor. Before I went on a cruise to Alaska when I was 6 years old, but I don’t remember a lot about it. I’m hoping this time will refresh my memories. I’m super excited!

     After the cruise, we plan to go to southern California for about a week. We are going to see San Diego, for places like the US Midway Aircraft Carrier, Zoo and Safari Park. We also plan to go to Los Angeles city for sightseeing. I’m not sure where exactly we’re going to, but it must be a fun trip. For the rest of our vacation, I’m just hanging out with my cousins, sleeping, eating, reading, etc. Some people think it is unfair that we get less than 6 weeks of summer vacation. But I think it is fair because our breaks make up for it. Do you think it is fair and why? What are you going to do for summer vacation? Are you going anywhere special?


4 comments:

Ryan said...

I have been to many places on cruises such as Alaska and Mexico. I don't think it is fair, because I would like to have short breaks occasionly, but not to long, because I want to have more time to play during summer. I am going to Taiwan to visit my grandparents.

Jessie W. said...

I think its fair. When you graduate to 5th grade we get a extra week of vacation because after Portal we will start middle school when they start. I will eat, sleep, watch T.V, play sports, and video games. We are going to Taiwan for three weeks. I am going to die. Its so hot there and there will be tons of mosquito waiting to suck my blood.

Naren said...

I agree that we have enough vacation time thanks to our many breaks. What a coincidence! I am also going on a 7-day cruise on a ship named Carnival something to Mexico. We might see each other.

Anyways, great post!

Cody said...

I don't think it is fair because we start two weeks early and end two weeks late, in fact on wendsday morning, I was complaining that I don't want to go to school. By the way, I am going on a seven day cruise to Alaska. I went on a mexico cruise during spring break, the cruise was called Carnival Spirit.