Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Harry Potter
By: Krisha M.
 
The legendary Harry Potter was born in the arms of Lily Potter, wife of James Potter, all of whom had attended or were attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The school was run by Albus Dumbledore who was an old man with long silver hair and blue eyes. The school’s students were divided into four houses Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. Harry soon got his turn to wear the “Sorting Hat” that placed him in Gryffindor with Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. Harry’s teachers were Professor Snape for Potions, Professor sprout for Herbology, Professor McGonagall for Transfiguration, Professor Hagrid for Care of Magical Creatures, Professor Binns for History of Magic, Professor Flitwick for Charms, Professor Trelawney for Divination, and for any injuries Madam Pomfrey in the Hospital Wing.
During, Harry’s first year he met malicious Draco Malfoy, a rude boy who Harry hated. Harry lost his temper when he was first learning to fly a broom because of Malfoy. Harry zoomed pass McGonagall’s window. She rushed outside and told Harry to come out of the air that instant and took him to see Gryffindor Quidditch captain Oliver Wood as a new seeker. Harry had no idea what Quidditch was until Wood told him. This is how Harry understood it, there are four balls, two of which are bludgers, one , the quaffle, and finally the Golden Snitch. The bludgers would try to hit players of their broom to guide them there were two beaters Fred and George Weasley who hit the bludgers with bats. The quaffle were shot into three hoops by chasers Alicia, Katie, and Angelina. To block the quaffle was keeper and captain Oliver Wood. And finally the Golden Snitch, this ball had wings, and was a ball that flew so quick it looked like a golden blur it was Harry’s job to catch the snitch which meant the end of the game.
Do you like Harry Potter? Why or why not?

14 comments:

Cody said...

No I do not like Harry Potter, in fact I hate it.The movie is creepy and the book is about 1000 pages long.(I hate books that take me too long to read.)

Nick said...

Yes, I like Harry Potter. The seven books are super good, and they kept me entertained for a good year and a half. I count the times I've read the Harry Potter series, and I've re-read it 11 times and I'm on the fourth book. My favorite parts are the Quidditch Matches. Great post, Krisha!

Aayush said...

Great post!
I personally don't like harry potter because in my perspective after the second book everything was gloomy and wasn't as good.

Rohan R said...

Nice post. Yes, I do like Harry Potter because of its suspenseful plots and how they are placed in the story for its greatest effect on the reader. Also its cool because you don't know what's going to happen next

Umair P. said...

I've read only one of the books, but I really liked it. I also watch the movie sometimes.

Shivani said...

Hi Krisha,
I have only read the first book in the Harry Potter series and didn't enjoy it. I do not know why I don't like it but I will read it again.

George L. said...

Yes,I agree Harry Potter is a great book and everything, but however is a series which lead to other books, which is annoying. For example, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has the book the Beetle and the Bard, and then it leads to "The Beetle and the Bard," (the real one) and so on. The Deathly Hallows also leads you to the "Harry Potter Film Wizardry," a book that includes Harry Potter Props, like the Marauder's Map and the WWW(Weasley Wizard Wheezes)store booklet.

Manali S said...

Hey Krisha great post! I know you like Harry potter but, I'm not a fan. I read the first book and I thought it was really bad. I was even surprised that I didn't like it because I love fantasy books and Harry Potter has so much of it. Well I guess it might have just been to much fantasy.

Kelly M. said...

Great post, Krisha! I think that the Harry Potter series is one of the most creative series available, and that is why it is so popular. When was younger, my mom read my older sister and I the first two and a half books, but my sister started to have nightmares, so she stopped reading them. A while later we found a disc with the first Harry Potter movie in a rental car, and it was actually a pretty good movie. Overall, I like the Harry Potter series.

Jamie said...

Great post, Krisha!
I've read Harry Potter before and I like it. The style that J.K. Rowling writes in is intriguing. The plot of the story is fun and exciting so that the book is always hard to put down.

Mayanjali said...

Yes, because it's a very interesting and creative book series. It's magical and I am drawn into it when I read it. I like spending rainy afternoons in the magical world of Hogwarts. Quidditch is a very intruiging game, and I like the movies a lot. Harry Potter rocks!

Sana P. said...

Dear Krisha,

I really, really, really like Harry Potter. It makes me feel so adventurous and well, magical! The climax is so nerve racking and I can guarantee readers will love it! Nice post, you explained it all except the Weasley family, Sirius, and Lily and James Potter! Overall, nice post!

Naren said...

I just am impressed that JK Rowling wrote the most greatest book. It is so detailed and greatly set up just for the reader. I can tell she took a lot of time, effort, and money. The characters are fabulous. Great post, Krisha.

Julie S. said...

I personally love Harry Potter. If you are a reader looking for a great magical series, then look no further. Harry Potter blends everything great books have together. It makes you want to create a game of it! But the thing that makes me love the series the most, is that you never get tired from reading it. When I put down a Harry Potter book, I cant help myself to read the first chapter again. But most of the times, I just keep on reading. I read until I pratically memorize what each character says. The only books that can do this to me, is the Harry Potter series!