Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Manali's Post

My Telugu Play
By: Manali

Do you know Akbar? He was a very famous emperor in India There are  tons of stories about him and Birbal, his Minister, and, I am not exaggerating there are actually tons of stories about him. Birbal is a very smart person and sometimes even  Akbar would get jealous and try to embarrass him in front of everybody but, Birbal always outdid him.

My favorite story is when the king wanted to embarrass Birbal so he gave all the ministers an egg except Birbal because he was not present at that time. Then when Birbal came the king told everyone to find a egg at the royal pond, secretly the king told all the people he had given the egg  to give the eggs back as if they found it so that's what they did while Birbal was still trying to find an egg. Birbal couldn't find any eggs. Then he realized the king was playing a trick on him so he went to the court room crowing like a cock. The king asked him to stop making that annoying sound and to show him the egg. Birbal smiled and said that only hens could produce eggs and that he was a cock and he couldn't produce eggs. Everybody laughed then Akbar knew Birbal can't be tricked easily.

Okay, now I think your wondering why I am talking about Akbar and Birbal. I'm telling you because I go to a Telugu language class. Telugu is my mother tongue. Manabadi, my Telugu’s school's name, is celebrating its anniversary on February 4th.

Me and my best friend in my class, wondered "What are we going to do on the day of the anniversary?" Then the teacher suggested "Maybe we can do a dance." Then soon a lot of parents started sharing their ideas with the teacher then at the end the teacher said that we are going to do a play about Akbar and Birbal. The teacher told the parents he would email the story and the characters each student will be playing.

That week my dad got the email. When I saw what role I was going to play I got very excited because in one of the scenes I got to play Akbar!

I practiced every Saturday with my class and I started to improve a lot. Now we are practicing more frequently because the play is this Saturday!

I am really excited and I hope my scene will stand out the most because I have been practicing for such a long time. I just hope I don’t look bad because I have to dress up like a man with lots of jewelry. I just hope I do good. Do you have any performances coming up?  Do you think you will do good?

24 comments:

Aayush said...

Great post!
I don't have a single performance(other than our school play). I think I have a book on Akbar and Birbal.

Jacob W. said...

Interesting post about your hobbies Manali! I have never done a play outside of school. I think that the only play that is coming up soon is the one in June for our class. There is a low percentage that I will ever be an actor when I grow up. I know a lot of people that love to act and are passionate and spontaneous about their art of act. Though I hope the teachers do not misunderstand this comment and think that i do not want a good part in the play. :)

Santosh said...

Well, besides the play performance, not exactly. If we were to have a play, I would like to play the best part, like Akbar.

George said...

Nice post, Manali. I can kind of relate that to Aladin or whoever that really smart guy was. Though it is really funny how he pretended to be a cock.

Kleo said...

The band performance is on
Feb. 9th. I am almost 100% that I will do bad. I'm soooooo nervous. And, to top that, I have a piano recital to practice for. Couldn't have been better. I don't have time to practice for band so I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers!

Shivani V. said...

Hi Manali,
Great post! I am not doing any performances. I wish you all the best for your telegu play. Aren't you happy that you got a main role? I have never heard of Akbar and Birbal but it sounds interesting so I might look for books about them if there are any.
- Shivani

Sana P. said...

Manali,
Yes I do have an upcoming performance, band recital. I know you are in it to so good luck!I think I will do well because I have been practicing a lot? Your play seems interesting! What time is it?

Naren said...

Great post! Well, the only play I need to worry about is the "Vacation to Mars." It is very far away though. I hope I get a big part for the play. Well, I never know. Great play, I mean post! :)

Nick said...

That's really cool, Manali. I don't really have any performances coming up, unless you count the band concert at seven o'clock on February 9. I'll see you there (hopefully). Great post!

Rohan I. said...

Great post Manali! I do not have any performances any time soon, but I do have a basketball game on Sunday. I think our team will win. we have improved a lot over the season. I think this is our last game until the end of the season not including the play-offs. Once again, great post!

- Rohan I.

Rohan R said...

Nice post. I have a Destination Imagination performance coming up on March 3. My team has to perform a challenge and do two side trips, or otherwise known as performances. All of that has to be done during 8 minutes.

Mayanjali said...

Hi Manali,
Nice post! I've read a lot of Amar Chitra Kathas- Indian comics- about Akbar and Birbal. They are my favorite characters in Indian mythology. No, I don't have any performances coming up, but we are going to have a dance recital in my afterschool and in regular school, as you are already aware of, we are doing the play Vacation to Mars.

Courtney said...

I don't have any performances coming up. I am going to see Audrey's performance later in February, though. Break a leg!

Audrey said...

Yes I do, actually it is a Childrens musical theater production called "Doctor Dolittle". I am enjoying it and it will turn out great!! I am super exited, nice post!

Edward said...

Nice post Manali! No, I do not have any recent plays coming up. I don't have much to say. Great post anyway!

Morgan said...

Yes, I do have a performance coming up, in fact, we all do. At the end of the year, we will perform for our school. I think we are going to be amazing. In my opinion, I think we are going to create the best play in the school. I'm so excited! I wonder what part I'm going to get.

Jessie W. said...

I am thinking about the play we are going to be doing at the end of the school year. I think its going to be a good one.

Kelly said...

Great post Manali! I actually don't have any performances or anything like that coming up, but I wish you good luck for yours. Did you know that I used to tap dance when I was little? Well, that was a long time ago so I'm probably no good at it anymore.

Zoe said...

Great post Manali! I don't have any performances coming up. Good luck on your performance!

Jasmin said...

Great post, Manali!
No, I do not have any performances coming up except the school play, which won't happen untill June. I don't know if I will do my act good or not. It depends on the part I am. For example, if I am the chorus(even though there is no chorus), I can't fail because I'm only singing. If I'm a main character or someone important, I might do my part badly because I will probably forget my lines or not do the act good.

Cody said...

No, I don't have any performances coming up. But I do think that The Mission to Mars is going to be a good play and I will do good.

Ryan said...

I have a piano recital in one month from now at a church, and Kleo will also be going. I think it will be good because I practice a lot to recite my song for the recital.

Sammy said...

I don't have a performance coming up(I just did one today) but I it is likely that my mom will drag me into helping out for something at my church such as plays, events, and activities. Nice post!

Jeremy C. said...

I do not have many performances coming up, but I do have a few competitions and an exam. The biggest competition right now that I know is coming up is the United States Youth Go Championship (USYGC) . Anyone under the age of twelve can enter my division. The winner can go to another country this August (Yes, if I win I will skip a few days of school ). I have already made it to the finals. They are this Saturday. I'm really nervous, but I hope I'll win. Another exam I have is the Certificate of Merit (CM) Piano Level Eight Exam. It is coming up on March fourth. There are many others I am preparing for, but these are the major ones right now.